The Pfister House
The Pfister house was built in 1537 for the hatter Ludwig Scherer, who made his fortune with money trading in the Val de Liepvre. Despite its medieval features, the house is the first example of architectural renaissance in Colmar. Click to read more
The « little Venice » is the name given to the course of the Lauch in Colmar. This name probably came from the original line of the houses on both...
The fishmonger's district
The fishmonger's district is the place where most of the professional fishermen and boatmen of Colmar lived. They were in a powerful corporation....
Famous for its celebrated Issenheim altarpiece, Unterlinden is one of France's most popular museums. Founded in the 13th century in a place called "under the Linden tree", it became one of the largest monasteries in Alsace and was only converted into a museum in the 19th century....
The Koïfhus or the former customs house had a strategic place at the confluence of the Grand’Rue and the rue des Marchands, two of the major...
Alsatian houses in Colmar
Place de la Sinn in Colmar
Rue des Marchands - Pfister House
Rue des Marchands
Quai de la Poissonnerie
Alsatian house - Place de l'ancienne Douane
place de la cathédrale
Place de l'ancienne douane
Quai de la poissonnerie