Prefecture of the Upper Rhine (68) - Mayor: M. Gilbert MEYER
823 The Carolingian domain, “Columbarium” was first mentioned in a charter of the emperor, Louis the Pious
1226 Colmar appears in a text as a town in its own right (civitatis).
1278 Rodolphe of Habsburg grants the town franchise under the Franchise Charter.
1354 Colmar participates in the creation of the Décapole, federation of the 10 imperial towns of Alsace.
1360 Colmar is endowed with a new constitution by the emperor, Charles IV, which was a huge victory of the bourgeoisie over the nobility.Read more: The History of Colmar in 20 key dates